Wednesday, October 08, 2008

8 Things on my 28th Birthday.

1. We have 2 cars, the nice newer of which I get to drive and our older, paid off one Dave gets to drive. While I love the security of driving a car that isn't going to break down, I have a special place in my heart for our older car. I guess it makes me feel young or carefree or something.

2. In the fall I like to leave a pot of simmering apple cider on the stove so that my house smells like Autumn. It reminds me of going to Lindsay's house (well, her parent's house) and feeling cozy and happy.

3. I am giving up on bangs because in 90% of the pictures of me from the past 5 years my bangs are covering at least one of my eyes. I don't keep up on haircuts enough to manage bangs and I accept that.

4. As some of the leaves fall from the trees around our house I can start to see our lake again and in the daytime it looks likes diamonds coming through the forrest.

5. I'm so glad I grew up in a family with four kids. I love the concept of big families but from where I stand it sounds daunting to have my own. I guess getting through those early years is the most challenging.

6. I hope we get rid of our bearded dragon soon (any takers?). He smells, has a growth and is generally grumpy ... but endearing like Oscar the Grouch.

7. We've lived in our house almost a year! Congrats to us for making it!

8. I believe this year is going to be amazing in a simple, contented way.

5 comments:

Karenkool said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY. I'm cracking up about Roxy. I'm ready for someone to take Hector--PLEASE!!!

Maiya is soooo adorable. Time is flying by in her life. ;-)

Jessica said...

Hey Jen--Happy Birthday!!!!

Hope you had a really special day;-)

Christin said...

I do that apple cider thing too...LOVE it. reminds me to go BUY some soon.

ahh...autumn is just so cozy of a season. wish you lived closer so we could sit and chat about life with kids, while sipping something hot, with the smell of apples in the air.

Rebecca said...

I love this :) I hope your birthday was great <3

Foxy5 said...

Oh, I'm totally late in saying it but HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I hope you had a wonderful day.

Enjoyed this post. :)