Friday, October 31, 2008

End of October...

The weather is turning too cold to take my babies outside. Especially here, this winter wonderland we found just 5 miles up a mountain. I think that the geese have flown to Florida anyway, so goodbye to our number one outdoor activity for the past month: feeding stale bread to possessive geese. We are stuck inside these walls and I am left considering which walls we could turn into windows.

My daughter will be four months old soon, but she's been sporting size six month clothes for weeks. Endearing is the only word that begins to describe her, with that riveting grin and fluffy hair. Sometimes when I change her clothes she just starts to laugh because she is so ticklish. She watches Haven like he has endless wisdom to give. He watches her like he's got endless love.
The elections are in a few short days. As I dubiously rose the topic of politics in various conversations, I found that some people think the words American, Republican and Christian are synonomous. This disturbs me. I have also found that some people care as fiercely about politics as I care about God. Interesting. I believe I've chosen who to cast my vote for, but I am both easily swayed and cynical. Both candidates are so good at looking sincere and patriotic. I guess that's part of the job.

Oh, today is Halloween. I just realized. I never celebrated Halloween as a child, unless you count dressing as Queen Esther for Halleluia Night. But that's another post and I have a feeling most of my readership could tell similar stories.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Most of my friends feel sympathy toward me when I tell I went Track for Treating (not Tricking or treating) and had a "Harvest Party" not a Halloween Party. Hey, it's the Kruse fam thing to do