Monday, September 12, 2016

This is happening.

I have so much to say and so much to keep to myself. I have a ton of blog drafts with words I tapped out with passion then shied away from sharing with all of you, My 5 Kind Blog Followers. But today it's happening. It might not be too passionate or revealing, but it's getting posted. Tonight my house is quiet. My littlest man is asleep in my bed, the next two had an early bedtime due to behavior that screamed "I'm tired," the oldest two are reading in bed, and Dave is on his monthly gym visit. So it's just me and when it's just me, and it's quiet, I find I have a lot to share.


Mandatory Baby Update 
(because he's growing so fast!)
In just a couple of days Zander will be 6 month old! We are all in love with this guy. He looks just like baby Haven did, except his ears stick out just slightly, just enough to be endearing but not enough that he'll need to grow into them. The kids are constantly in motion to entertain, distract and perform circus tricks for him. He rewards his brother's and sister's shenanigans with easy smiles and laughs.

Family Life Update
Just before the escalation of back-to-school we took a family vacation. From the moment we walked into our digs for the week and everyone was super impressed with my find -- which looked better in real life than in the pictures! -- to the end, it felt like a sweet end to a challenge of a summer. Some highlights were evenings on the beach with the kids, delicious food, and late night talks on the balcony with Dave. Now, I'm telling you it was sweet and it truly was. But don't believe for a second that our kids behaved like angels or we didn't have an argument about something menial or that one night at dinner I just wanted to be there without 4 little mouths asking 4,000 questions and I muttered to Dave, "These kids are really cramping our style." because they were, as kids have a tendency to do. So it was us and it was togetherness and it was near the ocean, so even with hiccups it was fantastic.

Well, Dave is home, distracting me with questions. I will leave you with a request. I hope to spend more time writing: I've always loved it and it soothes me. So, if you are so inspired, give me a writing topic. There are no wrong suggestions!

1 comment:

Karenkool said...

YAY. I love to hear from you and I do the same thing about writing my thoughts and not posting them. TOPICS? Tell a childhood memory. Those are always fun to read. And I'd love to hear your thoughts about your college studies and career path leading suddenly neck deep in to parenting and what you think about that right now.