Thursday, November 15, 2007

Thanks guys!

Dave posted awards on his blog for people who helped us move, and I'm doing my own here. I endorse stealing ideas, how else do you think I've gotten through grad school (KIDDING).

We had so much help on moving day (14 people!), it was truly amazing. With how UNPREPARED I was for the gigantic job of moving, I was again reminded of how incredible the friendships are that we have.

You can see Dave's awards here. You will see that I have shamelessly stolen his idea, but made my own awards (mostly).

The Awards go to...

Kitchen Packing Award: Barb, who packed my entire kitchen one day when Haven would not take a nap and only wanted to be held.

Scrubbie Friend Award: Danna, who scrubbed the inside of some pretty grungy kitchen cabinets on her one full day home from a three-week business trip to Texas.

Handyman Award: Joey, who found more things wrong with our house than did our inspector (what?!) and fixed most of them.

Manager Extraordinare: Manny, who directed everybody on moving day while Dave was finishing a few things at the house (and put in long hours the week prior to moving to help Dave get the house ready).

Brute Strength Award: Dan, Nikko & Nate, who hauled countless gigantic things down and up many, many stairs without a single complaint.

Going the Distance Award: Terry, who, with Nate, came all the way from Long Island and made sure our junk was packed securely in the truck (among many other things).

Tough Stuff Award: Tara, who cleaned crusty cabinet handles in our new house, the bathroom and stove in our old house and held Haven into the late hours of the night while we did our final junk haul.

Carpenter Award: Bill, who took apart the desk and crib and once they were in shambles, assured me, "This day includes me putting the stuff back together."

Specialize in Small Stuff Award: Jes, for taking Haven out for a few hours and for somehow fitting all of that bathroom stuff in our bathroom cabints (living in Manhattan makes you a pro at small spaces).

Good Friends Award: to Melissa and Kevin, for coming out and working hard!

last but not least......
My Favorite Person Award: Dave, for making our house beautiful by painting and fixing things up late into several nights last week, and for keeping me sane when I'm just not.

THANKS.

4 comments:

Dave said...

shut this baby down, or you will be hearing from my lawyer!

Karenkool said...

Yours beat! Especailly because you gave him an award!!

I'm glad you are all tucked away in the new home. Is it feeling good yet or still at the unraveling and unpacking stages? Take your time. I unpacked boxes a year ago that remained taped up for at least 8 years--they were actually moved three times before they were ever opened... and discarded mostly.

Christin said...

Bill's comment of "This day includes me putting the stuff back together." just makes me smile. What a great guy!!

Sooo glad the move is "over" for you. I hate the packing, moving, and unpacking...but I LOVE making a place feel like home. I hope you are already at THAT place of the move. The fun part.

Dave said...

karen i gave u an award. go check it out =)