Monday, March 17, 2008

Keeping up with the supermodels.

Let's talk about beauty. I'm not talking about what comes from your heart, I'm talking about looks. Yes, I know people who are loving and kind are beautiful. I agree. I do feel good when I'm all pretty on the outside, though (read: my hair is not greasy and I don't smell). Since these things have lost their commonality for me, I've gotta tell you about the things that clean me up good.
Refresh Shampoo by Trader Joe's
Unlike most people, I don't think Trader Joe's is an excellent place to find bargains. However, they do have a few little gems in that store. This shampoo and conditioner smells great and costs about $3 a bottle. It's very clarifying, which is helpful for a person who showers about 3 times a week. (What? Do you shower more than that? Sowhat.)

(FYI, their other bargain is wine. If you're lucky enough to live near a Trader Joe's that sells wine, you'll be surprised by the delicious taste for $3-5 a bottle!!)

Anyway, on to more beauty products...guaranteed to make you non-gross!


Oil of Olay facial cleanser: is inexpensive, gentle and effective. Helps keep some of the zits at bay.
Mary Kay balancing lotion is so nice and smooth and non-greasy. When I can't get that for a bargain, I sometimes use straight vitamin E lotion. I like to think I'm delaying wrinkles (don't we all?) but they're already starting to show up.
I love all things Burt's Bees, and this toner is quite refreshing. Though, I've been told by experts that toner is pointless.
Degree deodorant ... you know the drill. Some deodorants just work for you, while others, well, you learn the hard way that they don't. So far, this one has been good to me. Helps with the smell-free thing.


This is a hair product Dave and I can both use on our hair - his is super curly and mine is pretty fine. It keeps his hair under control and gives mine a little life. What's that? You think it must be magic? Maybe it is, but it can be your magic for less than $4, baby.

What stuff do you use?

2 comments:

Janet said...

Dave, this is your chance to say "I always think you're beautiful."
Anyway, interesting tip on the shampoo. I think I might have to try it. I got my hair cut SHORT. I am loving it and trying to treat it to some new products to see what I like best. p.s. T.J. has really yummy Limeade too.

Christin said...

:) Same hairproduct gel and same deodorant. But sadly, no Trader Joes here. Maybe I can come visit and you can take me shopping? ;D