Thursday, December 20, 2007

the little h

I love to talk about Haven, but sometimes I try to bite my tongue and remember that not everyone is as obsessed with him and Dave and I are. BUT, since this is my blog and you click away if you wish, I will devote this post to a list of things about him:

(Here is with grandpa, whom he obviously loves.)


When he's tired, he can't handle anything and everything is a crisis. His face scrunches up and he throws his head into my chest.

He only cries if he's hungry or tired or sick.

He loves his aunts and they can make him laugh until he almost hyperventilates.

I think I've spoiled him with organic baby food. Beech Nut was on a great sale, so I bought a few jars and he will have nothing to do with them.

He has no teeth, which is perfectly fine, because he still nurses sometimes.

He loves blueberries.

Ever since Cricket (our kitten) joined the family, he had a new level of motivation to locomote.

He is afraid of dolls.

He is not only unafraid, but intrigued by heights.

He reads people. I find he likes the same people I do and is wary of the same people that I am. Maybe he's just copying me, but I think he's got a sense for people. (Maybe that's just me being a mom and thinking everything my child does is amazing, but, maybe not.)

He wants people to recognize how cute he is. He stares and makes faces until someone makes a fuss over him.

Sometimes he moans "mamamamama" when he is unhappy.

He loves to lounge back and put his feet up - in the high chair, in the shopping cart and in the stroller.

(In this pic he's with Aunt Rebecca.)

I always thought babies were pretty cute, but I had no idea they could have real personalities at such a young age.
Dave ... want to add anything?

6 comments:

Janet said...

Dave does that same thing when he's tired, right? That's probably where H learned it.

Sylvia said...

Bring on the brag-fest! I for one love hearing other people (well,most other people!) go on and on about their kids. Plus, he is incredibly cute and you have every right to do it. I love that you just put down little tidbits of info about him. I forget some of those things about my kids from when they were so small. It is nice you have this blog to look back and remember it all! Keep up the Haven talk, if someone reading this blog doesn't like it, well maybe they should find another blog to read, someone's blog that doesn't have kids!!!:)

merry said...

I do love that kid. He is unbearable cute.

Christin said...

He is such a doll! In person AND via blogdom.

I recently watched a Discovery show where they could see the babies (singleton, twins, triplets, etc) inutero...and the scientists/OBS saw how the babies showed the same personalities in utero as they did once born. Crazy.

Karenkool said...

That Haven weighs in FAR ABOVE the rest!!! He is soooo adorable. Keep telling us all about him. I loved his Christmas photo. BUT... I just haven't gotten enough of him!!!! That is a call for you to COME VISIT! We'll probably come see you soon--with the snowboard season finally here. WOOHOO!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Jen said...

He is so cute and you have every right to brag! Have a Merry Christmas!