Tuesday, May 06, 2008

In just a couple of weeks I will don that goofy graduation getup and get the most attention I've received since Haven was born (maybe about 5 whole seconds) while my name is called and I am handed a piece of paper that represents the diploma that I won't officially earn until the end of June. What a charade. But I wouldn't miss it.

I'm so happy that I'm going to be finished with school. I guess that goes without saying for most people. But it's been a lot of work for three years. Between working and two pregnancies and moving - I am so ready to get on with my life.


Just as the the culmination of my education began to sink into my soul, Dave said, "I'd like you to think about getting a PhD." I looked at him like he was a crazy person and said that if I do get a PhD it will be in Nutrition. I think that almost changed his mind. The last thing he'd like is an increase in the whole wheat bread to potato bread ratio around here. Or, for me to finally say, "Potatoes are not vegetables" and subsequently serve only his vegetable nemesis. The green ones. So, with the, ah, broccoli dangling, I continue to bask in my great accomplishment. My last graduation.

7 comments:

Christin said...

Yay!! congratulations, Jen! What a HUGE accomplishment.

Now onto broccoli. I actuallly have a killer casserole I'm serving tonight complete with the Big Green "B" that all of my kids LOVE. Maybe Dave would? hee hee

Foxy5 said...

Congratulations! Coming from someone who only graduated from high school, that seems (well, cause it is) huge. :) Looking forward to the picture of you all dolled up for the special evening. :)

Jen said...

Christin - bring on the recipe! I know Haven and I would love it at least.

Valerie - I didn't graduate high school (got the GED), so that's quite an accomplishment too!

lindsay said...

Jen, congratulations!!! This is so huge, and I am so happy for you. Good job, friend!

Lady Leth said...

I am so proud of you! School is tough-I can't imagine what it must be like with a child and working full-time! Enjoy the celebration!

jason j said...

Congratulations.. One thing that 9 years of college taught me is that college stinks.. its much better being done with it..
Way to Go!

Karenkool said...

It maybe your last official graduation with cap and gown, but there will be many more graduations along the way. Woohoo!

Keep on celebrating life's accomplishments. I'm so proud of you girlfriend. You are AMAZING!!!