Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Life's like that.

The cool air has returned, reminding me that it is not yet Summer and Spring may wax and wane for a few more days. I put up a countdown on our whiteboard for how long it is until the baby comes: 7 more weeks. I guess I won't buy diapers on today's trip to the store, tempting as it will be. Haven's naps have been eratic; he slept yesterday for 4 hours straight but only 1 hour on Sunday. I'm just about done with school; it's so close I can taste it and have no desire to do those last few assignments.

We had a fun Mother's day. When I say we, perhaps I should say I, because I was waited on all day long. Dave cooked, cleaned up, we went for a hike, watched a movie and ate homemade (by Dave) ice cream sandwiches. Thanks, Babe! I hope my fellow mamas also had a relaxing, fun day!

Now that Haven is down for his nap, I have a few things to do, but I prefer to sit here and write and look out the window. Here, in this last room to get organized in our home. I've given myself the deadline of next Tuesday to finish it. My Dad is coming then for my graduation and he'll need to be able to get to the bed without getting hurt. I like to give myself generous deadlines.

Maybe this goes on my pregnancy blog, but it's kind of strange to know that a baby is coming and not have the need to raid Babies R Us. Since Haven was a baby two seconds ago, we still have all of his things for this one to use. Excited grandparents have supplied us with the only thing we didn't have: girl's clothes. I did splurge a little on a beautiful bassinet. I found it on craigslist in perfect condition for a third of the new price. It currently stands in Haven's room holding the doll Dave bought her; a symbol of who is to come. And we've decided on a name. So she's graduated from "the baby" to ... well, it's a secret.


That's life around here. Oh, and one more thing. We saw these three bears walking through our 'hood when we left for church on Sunday.

4 comments:

Christin said...

Okay, the bears freak me out a little. But I'm SO excited you have a name!!!!!! Can't wait to hear it...and to see her. Even if it's only via internet.

xo

Anonymous said...

I see 2 bears...where is the third and is Haven alright?

Foxy5 said...

7 weeks? Thats all? Wow, time flies when you're not the pregnant one!

I love Babies R Us. I traveled long distances just to gawk at baby things that I did not need at that store.

Hope your Dad doesn't injure himself at your home. :) Maybe some "nesting" will kick in and you will get that last room finished.

Can't wait to hear the name!!

Karenkool said...

In YOUR NEIGHBORHOOD??? wow. Never get between a bear and it's mama!!! You probably understand the sentiment well. ;-)

Sidenote: Did you hear about the missing woman who fell off her balcony of the Norwegian Dawn? I just thought it was crazy.