Friday, January 18, 2008

Changes

The woods are pretty around our house, especially when it snows. This a view from the side of the house, similar to our bedroom window view. I didn't realize how much I'd love this setting. It's so dark and quiet at night.

My last day at work is January 31. Then, I will officially have no income to contribute. So, that's different. I've been employed for about 13 years, in some function or another. I made $4.25 an hour at my first job. Though I will bring no income to our family, I hope my increased time at home brings better meals, a cleaner house and an overall improved quality of life for everyone. Less work for one person in the family means less work for everbody. Still, it will be a mental adjustment to have nothing financial to contribute.

I still love my internship and school (don't forget it!). I was adamantly against addictions counseling at the beginning, but experience has changed that. Watching the process of recovery unfold week after week is ucommon and beautiful. I'm still primarilly interested in family counseling and enjoy the teenagers I've worked with, but addictions has certainly piqued my interest.

Pregnancy is ... different. This one has rendered me emotional and tired, while with Haven I was more hungry and hungry. Next month we will find out if we are having a girl or a boy. I want to start anther pregnancy blog, but you may have noticed I've barely kept up with this one in recent weeks. (I'm actually trying to spend a little more time on creative writing - if it doesn't go on a blog I feel more free to write anything I want.)

Happy January everyone, hope you are getting some beautiful weather.

1 comment:

Janet said...

Don't fool yourself into thinking you will be doing less work (especially with #2 coming on the scene soon). It will just be different work.