Thursday, November 13, 2008

Girls just want .... to be held.

That goes for my girl, anyway. Unless she's asleep - and in the deepest of sleeps - she prefers to be in my arms. If she's not, she is happy to provide a whiney cry that will progress to a shrill scream if I do not answer promptly.

Hungry? No. Needs a change? Nope - dry as a bone. Tired? Sick? Teething? Oh baby, I just don't know.

I would like to empty the dishwasher or bring the dirty laundry downstairs. Or, maybe, write a blog entry without her sitting in my lap, gumming my arms. I guess this is too much to ask.

All day I make the choice between holding her and getting nothing done or putting her down and listening to her scream. When she cries, Haven says, "Noooo, nooo."

Okay, just discovered a baby hickey on my arm. That's all for now.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can relate :-)

Anonymous said...

awe. i like haven's role in this story - very cute!

Christin said...

Our little girls sound quite similiar. *sigh*

Do you have one of those sling thingies? I'm thinking of getting one. Because I just need to get something done. You know, since I'm supposed to be educating my oldest two and all.

small details. :)