Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Goody Gumdrops

I feel like I got three wishes granted....


We didn't buy a crib for Maiya because we assumed she could transfer to Haven's crib and he could transfer to a toddler bed. However, Haven is content in his crib and we would like to leave him in there as long as he's willing to stay. Since it will only be a few months until he is able to climb out of the crib, we did not want to buy a second crib for that short interum. Yes, I realize I just wrote a long post about the joys of cosleeping, but Maiya can't nap in a swing forever. So, I stumbled on a wonderful online network where people give and take things for free and there I was able to get a free, used crib for Maiya. Commence wish number one.

I've been looking for a part time job. I want to use my degree so much - I studied psychology for so long because I love it. However, I am as picky as a job seeker can be in terms of scheduling. That's made it tough to find a position in this job market. Yesterday I had a phone interview for contract work in which I can take positions on a case by case basis. In other words, I could work 1 hour a week or 20. I could work only at night or only on Saturday. Totally flex. And, I'll be using that degree I just completed! Commence wish number two.

I have fond memories of being in shape. Not being thin specifically, but being able to walk around the block or climb a flight of stairs without gasping for breath. Of being able to touch my toes without bending my knees. You know, the things that are tough with a) a pregnant belly or b) pushing/carrying the weight of two children under two and all of their junk. I love to walk for exercise, but it's getting too cold to take the kiddies outside for long stretches. Anyway ... there is a local exercise studio that offers babysitting. If I babysit during a class once a week, they will give me free classes all week long. I plan to go meet the woman at the studio tomorrow. Hopefully H&M will be there normal cool, collected selves and the woman at the stuido will agree that I can handle a roomful of kids for one hour. Almost commence wish number three.

Sometimes it's just so easy to be thankful.

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Jen--all three of those are totally amazing--way to go!

Anonymous said...

that is awesome! good for you!

Rebecca said...

That's so exciting Jen!! I'm happy you found a job that is flexible (and about the other 2 of course)