Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Heat Wave

I am still waiting for a drive of energy to kick in, as is our cat, as you can see. I spend a lot of the day calculating how much longer I have to prepare for the baby. The heat has caused my energy level to plummet deeper than pregnancy could alone. I am so glad that I did not plan to go to Creation with Dave in a couple of weeks. I cannot imagine the torment that would be at 38 weeks pregnant. Janet, our boys and I will have a nice time sitting in the air-conditioned house or swimming at a lake.

Even Haven is cranky and he pins his sticky body around my sticky legs and lets out the motor-cry that only children can create. My friend, who doesn't have kids, said she's afraid if a child did that to her she would instinctively kick him off of her legs. This comment made me feel quite tolerant and confident that I unearthed my motherly instincts at some point.

Somebody please tell me why this pregnancy I look smaller, but feel infinitely more tired, worn, and older. Perhaps because I have been pregnant for 18 of the past 26 months?!

I think I will take a lesson from my sweet son. Yesterday I found him lying on the floor in the bathroom, studying a small toy - right in front of the coldest air conditioning vent in the house.

4 comments:

Foxy5 said...

Um... you are more tired because you have Haven to chase after all day!

I worked in daycare when I was pregnant with Joseph. I had 12 two year olds. I worked until 2 weeks before he was born. I could have worked till the end but I was stressed out and it was winter and, well I didn't want to!:) I was able to go home at the end of the day and rest. It was goooood. With Nehemiah I was tired from the minute my feet hit the floor till... well, I'm still tired.

But hey - thats great that you are smaller with this baby!
And enjoy that AC, it will be your best friend from now until you deliver.

Christin said...

a possible reason that you're more tired this go round? Isn't it a different season? like you delivered H. in the winter?

All I know is one thing. I've had other summer babies before. But man if I'M not feeling more worn out this pregnancy than before. And I don't mean because I'm busier with other children. I just mean because my body FEELS heavier and is very very sluggish.

Maybe it's in the air? But whatever it is, I hope you get energy that remains! and that you deliver sooner than later.

xoxo

Anonymous said...

Hey jen! I have heard about the crazy heat wave on the east coast right not and gotta say yes, stay where it's cool (I am suffering through a balmy 75-80 degrees in L.A. right now...so...)!

Also, I know this is super late, but congrats on your second pregnancy--and this time a little girl! How awesome! --Jessica

Karenkool said...

The second pregnacy is harder... based on what foxy5 said--you're chasing a baby while carrying another baby... It was harder for me anyway! Plus it's effing HOT! And the lake is nice, but it's the OCEAN that makes a summer pregnany really nice.

I wish you were here hanging with me at the pool (and ocean). Anika would take Haven off to play and we could just chat and catch up on life. You could float weightlessly around in the 85 degree pool sipping virgin margaritas.