Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Summertime Fun

Memorial Day day relaxation, with two people I think are awesome - Janet & Haven.

~

Premise: We have ultra limited closet space in our house.
Me: I wish I had somewhere to hang the baby's dresses. And space for a changing table.

Dave:


That's right, it's a changing table on top and a closet with bonus drawers on the bottom, designed, built and painted by own husband. Suweeet.

~
This summer is Haven's first to enjoy the wonders of a playground.

~

I've been busy ... surviving. You know, breathing. Eating. Waddling. Yesterday the doc informed me that her head is resting on my pelvic bone - don't worry, you'll be more comfortable once her head descends - awesome. I find it unfair that it is in the weeks leading to the most sleepless time of your life it is the most difficult to get to sleep. So, even lying down to rest has become a challenge. Yesterday, on the phone, somebody asked if that was me breathing so heavy. Of course it is, I just walked across the living room.

So far, our summer has been wonderful and I am settling in for one that I'm sure I'll remember as a favorite. We're going to meet our little girl and and a new baby means lots of friends and family around the house. We have a deck on which to have barbecues and playtime. Haven is big enough to do fun stuff, like splash in the baby pool and eat Popsicles.

I know it's gonna be good. Stay tuned.

3 comments:

Foxy5 said...

I'm loving your pregnant little belly. Yeah it's little. People thought I was having triplets.

The changing table closet that Dave built is awesome! It's nice to have a husband that can do stuff like that. My favorite things are the things Roger has made or built for me.

Your summer sounds like it's going to be wonderful. Meeting your daughter! Seeing family. Popsicles. Perfect. :)

Thanks for the update. I've been thinking about you. :)

jes said...

awesome! your so pregs! i love it. can't wait to meet the little baby niece cardine!
this summer is going to be super fun! lots of j and j time! SWEET! if you need anything im only an hour away. (or 7-10 hours....with traffic)
happy summer and heat!

Karenkool said...

Awwww--there she is, just waiting to come meet everyone. I'm so excited for you!!! I had a great deck for my little ones early on and it was THE BEST!!!