Saturday, July 05, 2008

Our precious daugther is here!

Dave, Haven and I present...




Maiya Adisen
Born July 2, 2008
6 pounds, 14 ounces, 20 inches

(More photos on our family site.)


She's healthy and sleepy and nursing well!

The c-section went better than I could have expected and recovery has been relatively good, except for a major cases of the itchies as the anestesia wore off. The result? I scratched my nose so much during the night that I look like Rudolph.

We are now home and survived the first night, during which she nursed at least once an hour.

Feel free to call our house if you'd like to ... I'll be here nonstop for quite a few days to come.

More later. You know, in a few months when I'm running on more than 4 hours of chopped up sleep and half a cup of coffee.

4 comments:

Jessica said...

Congrats, guys!

And what a beautiful name for a beautiful girl!

Davene said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! What a precious little girl!

I'm so glad to hear that things went well for you and that the adjustment is getting off to a good start. Those first days (and nights, but who can tell the difference with a newborn?) are such a whirlwind.

Her name is beautiful...but can you clue us in on the pronunciation? Is the first syllable like "my" (as in "oh MY goodness, she's cute")or like "me" (as in "ME thinks she's an angel")?

Thanks for sharing your good news!!!

Anonymous said...

Woo you made it! I'm excited to see the Cardines! :)

-Bec

Jen said...

CONGRATS!!!! She looks just adorable. Try to rest as much as possible and enjoy her! I'm sure Haven and Maiya will be best friends growing up. How fun!!!