Friday, March 13, 2009

Chatter

Haven's vocabulary has exploded in the last month or two. It's been tons of fun to hear his thoughts. Well, mostly fun.
Yesterday we were in the grocery store and he said (what I think was) "Daddy just pooped! Daddy just pooped!" over and over and over. Lucky Daddy wasn't there to be mortified.

He put his first 4-word-sentence together. I was feeding Maiya at the table, I got up to run to the kitchen for something, and when I returned he said, "Her want more please."
He got a ride-on motorized bus recently, a belated birthday gift. I told him we had a special surprise for him and we gave it to him when Dave got home from work. He had a blast pushing the button to move forward and honking the horn. The morning after we gave it to him he was sitting at the table eating cereal silently. All of a suddent he said, "Bus! Daddy!" I guess he was thinking about the night before.
He is so cute (in a two-year-old way) at bedtime. He knows how to grab my heart. He stretches those giant eyes wide open and just when I'm going to leave him in his bed, says, "A'other song?" "T'kl T'kl?" He wiggles his fingers and I give him an enchore of Twinkle Twinkle.
The funniest thing about him talking is that I act like he's fluent in the English language. Most people, however, don't even understand when he says words like Thanks (t'x) or Up (ahh-bee). I guess I can add interpreter to my ever-expanding list of mommy skills.

5 comments:

Rebecca said...

Yay Haven!! Jen, I literally laughed for like 3 minutes after reading your first story of Haven in the grocery store...I could just picture it!!

Emily said...

yes, their language is their own, for sure! I find it so interesting that the twins pronounce things differently from each other, and then sometimes they change their specific way to match that of the other sister. Even Dan sometimes looks at me with that question in his eyes, "what did she say?" It's a source of never-ending hilarity, and I am ridiculously proud of every feat of wobbly sentence structure!

Jenny said...

stinkin adorable :) I love the pic. Jen you really inspire me to be a better mom. You really are so great with Haven and Maiya and their wonderful, individual personalities really reflect how much you care for them.

Dave said...

all lies... i do NOT poop!

jes said...

Cute pic jen.
Haven is getting so big. Can't wait to see you both.
Miss you