Friday, March 27, 2009

Springtime at our house


"Ooh, ooh, child, things are gonna get easier..."

A few months ago I used to sing/yell this song to myself when my days were chaos. Babies change so quickly, don't they? Already dawn has broken.

Last night Maiya slept for 11 hours straight. I, however, woke up at least every two to look at the clock and make sure the monitor was still working. Don't you worry, I'm sure I can adjust.

Yesterday Haven ran to the bathroom door and yelled "pee!" I put him on the potty, which has been little more than decoration the past couple of months, and he produced a respectable amount of pee. We talked about it all afternoon and he proudly told Daddy at dinner. I realize it may be months before he's doing this consistently, but I'm proud of his start.

These small victories chart our progress out of the wildnerness of sleeplessness and showerlessness.

6 comments:

liz napolin said...

very cool!

melissa said...

how did you get sleep???????i am gonna start sleep training of sorts as soon as j is better. any and all suggestions welcome.......

Dad said...

Jen, today you have become one of us!
Only a real Mom could write a piece on the World Wide Web about her son "producing a respectable amount of pee".
Now imagine how you will feel when Mayia blogs this about her son....

Dave said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dave said...

I know who will win THAT staring contest... trust me. There is nothing freakier than waking up in the morning with someone 5 inches from your face staring at you. She's cute and all, but it's still freaky!

Jen said...

Dave, I guess she takes after her mother.