Thursday, June 11, 2009

Thanks for the support and advice!

This morning I tried something a few of you suggested.

Haven: aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Me: I can't understand what you're saying when you talk like that.

Haven: (smiles) Please!

Me: Please what? What is it that you want?

Haven: Yes (we've been teaching him to say yes because he used to say Oh instead of Yes, I think he was just running through all of the nice words he knows.)

Me: Yes what? What do you want?

Haven: Please!

This lesson is going to take a while. For both of us.

2 comments:

Emily said...

I hear you! funny little people, aren't they?

Collin and Lindsay: said...

Jen, I don't have advice because we don't have kids yet, and making dinner is a special occasion sort of thing. Actually, I've been wondering when people reach that point of cooking dinner. Maybe we missed that boat. We either eat random things like Boca Burgers or hummus with pitas, or we make an elaborate meal to celebrate the occasion that most people just call dinnertime. Anyway, without advice to give, I'll just encourage you! Keep up the good work, champ! Your several steps ahead of us! Cooking dinner and having two kids! I'm impressed.
--Linds