Monday, August 20, 2007

Bu-bye

Today we leave for sunny, er, warm, er ... Florida. Thanks to Hurricane Dean, we may not realize the sun-bathing days I expected. We might see a lot more cards, Scrabble and (no Lord!) Triopoly than grains of sand. That's okay. We're going to see Dave's parents more than anything. Haven will meet his grandfather for the first time. I know they'll be taken with each other after one glance. Haven will also meet many animals that live on what I'm sure is destined to be called Grandpa's Farm. The collection does not exclude a peacock. It's sure to be a good time.

We spent the weekend in Pennsylvania with our friends Lindsay and Collin and their new puppy, Zuri. I grew up with them and seeing is truly like being home. They are with me in that photo on my right sidebar.

Off we are on our first flight with Haven ... our first vacation with him. I'm so excited. Have a great week!

3 comments:

Davene said...

Have a great time! I hope it all goes well--flight, adjustment to new environment, hurricane, etc. :)

merry said...

that is linds and Col on the right? Which one is linds?

I know how you feel about seeing people and being home. I mean, you and Jes are like fam so it is always comforting to see you. Wish we could have stayed longer on Sat. but camping fun 2007 is just around the corner.hiphip.

Jen said...

Have a great time. Hope the weather cooperates for you! We want pictures when you return!!!