Friday, August 03, 2007

These things take my breath away about...

Dave ( my husband)
1. His optimistic attitude.
2. The way his relationship with God is so integral to who he is.
3. His smile.

Haven (my 6-month old son)
1. His expressive eyebrows.
2. How peaceful he looks with I pick him up (yes! he loves me!).
3. How much he trusts that he will be taken care of by us.

Jes (my sister)
1. Her out-of-control laugh.
2. Her passion for kids who have it tough (she's an esl teacher in Brooklyn).
3. Her commitment to knowing Jesus each and every day.

Rebecca (my sister)
1. Her ability to make anyone feel comfortable.
2. Her work ethic.
3. Her smile (and laugh, but that smile is so indescribable).

Darin (my brother)
1. His sense of humor.
2. His thoughtfulness.
3. How his language skills have developed (this kid could only spell God and Love in 1st grade and now he's learning Greek! just shows what you can do if you want to!).

Mom
1. Her empathy.
2. Her designer eye for home decorating.
3. Her pursuance of Jesus.

Dad
1. His ability to enjoy life in-the-moment.
2. His out-of-control laugh (Jes? is this where you got it?).
3. His willingness to listen to me.

(Listen family, don't get uptight if you didn't get something on your list that somebody else did. It's not Christmas. Take your list and enjoy it.)

One thing that takes your breath away about me:
1. My bossiness.

PS - I also love my in-laws. More about them after our visit later this month.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Very thoughtful! They should all be happy with their lists as those are good things to have!!!