Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Vacation

Haven slept through most of his first airplane ride. I passed the time wondering how confident I could be that the plane would remain in the air and safely land. What's keeping this thing up here, anyway?


We had a relaxing week of Scrabble and eating and handing Haven off to Grandma at 6am. Here are some the highlights...

Haven met some other new babies ....

I think this is a baby peacock.



Grandpa brought the goat inside.












This was Haven's first experience with the ocean. He loved it...









...but was exausted.




Haven met his one and only cousin Brandon, and his Aunt Karen.

I'll post lots more on our family site....

4 comments:

Christin said...

AHH!! I'm so glad you're back. You were missed. :)

When did Haven get so chubby? I just want to squeeze those cheeks! He's adorable

Anonymous said...

AAAHHHH that face! he is the cutest little boy!

Anonymous said...

Jen,
Lift keeps the plane in the air. Here is the formula for it:
L = (1/2) d v2 s CL
L = Lift, which must equal the airplane's weight in pounds
d = density of the air. This will change due to altitude.
v = speed of an aircraft expressed in feet per second
s = the wing area of an aircraft in square feet
CL = Coefficient of lift , which is determined by the shape of the wing and the angle it hits the air at.
The plane designers figure out how big the plane is, how high it will fly, and then they do the math and that tells them how big the wings must be. They build it, and you fly.
Cool huh?

Karenkool said...

Your dad is so smart!! I see where you got it from.

I loved your pictures! How adorably cute. I miss you guys too much.