Monday, September 03, 2007

Hip, Hip, Hooray!!

I've been slacking with this blog for the past couple of weeks, with good reason. We were in Florida, as per the previous post, and this week I was busy with my Mom and sisters visiting and then our Labor day bash. So. Good morning. I have a few moments before our tyke wakes from his nap.

The past few months have been stressful, as I have made abundantly clear. Hopefully everyone has pitied me profusely. The combination of school, work, motherhood, and being a person is too much for me (even though I am Super Woman). One day, I met Dave's glance over a mound of abandoned laundry on our unmade bed. He was trying to put Haven to sleep and I was changing from work clothes to school clothes. I said, "I can't do this anymore. This is way too much." Realizing my limitations was important, I think.

After a series of blessings -- I don't often use that word, the overuse of it has made it kind of cheesy, but if a blessing is a gift that could only have come from God, then that is precisely what I'm talking about -- I am able to quit my job. I gave my notice last week and will wrap up my 4-year tenure on September 28. It's quite surreal. I am going to be home during the day with Haven while I finish graduate school this year - this is what I prayed for the day I went back to work after my maternity leave. It was one of those, "Um ... God? If I could do anything it would be ... but I'm flexible." prayers. Along came 4 subsequent months of doing everything half as well as I wanted to. Then, finally, I realized something had to change. It's when I changed my prayer to "God, please, I can't take it anymore..." things changed. Sometimes I think a little faith is important.

I'm so excited. I'm looking forward to this year. I look forward to thriving at my internship with time to study and research. I look forward to having time to play with Haven. I look forward to not being at my max-stress-level every time I'm with Dave. This will be good.

6 comments:

Davene said...

Oh, I'm so happy for you!!! It is so wearing to be so stressed all the time, and I'm so glad that you could arrange things to remove one huge part of your stressful situation. I agree--hip, hip, hooray!!!

Christin said...

YAY!! I'm beyond thrilled for you, my friend. May this month go by FAST!! ;)

HUGS to you.

Karenkool said...

And then you can come visit??

Susan Marie said...

Congratulations! I don't know how you have done it as long as you have. Balancing just the motherhood/being a human part has all but totally consumed me!
Thanks for posting on my Xanga site- it's nice to see your site and all the lovely pics of Haven.

merry said...

This is seriously good news! and do you know what else is good news. Our trip is this weekend! Can I get a woot-a-woot.

Anonymous said...

So happy for you jen! was so great chillin at your place on Sunday,and you seemed chilled too - thank you for the break!