Sunday, November 18, 2007

baby envy

I have this open, honest post about how this whole move thing has gone for me, but it is in the drafts. I think I'll just leave it tucked away there for another day.

Ever since Haven was born, Dave and I get no attention from our families. We are going to my Dad's for Thanksgiving and he is so excited to see ... Haven. We weren't sure if we'd be able to get there for Thanksgiving day and I joked that I could send Haven with my sister Jes and then Dave and I would come for the weekend. I think this would have been fine - I don't think anybody would realize Dave and I were missing. Like I would miss Haven's first Thanksgiving.

So, here are some childhood photos me so that you see how cute I was. At one point, I got a lot of attention myself. Jes is the younger one, with me in two of the photos (pretty cute herself, if I do say so).

























6 comments:

Jen said...

I know how you feel. Once you have kids, you are invincible to your family. Trust me, after time you get used to it. Sad but true.

Christin said...

Uh-huh. That about sums it up on my end as well. "Christin? Christin who?...just came to see the little girls. Are THEY here?"

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
jes said...

jen ,i love you. i love the haves but there will never be another jen! J&J forever!!!

jes said...

second thing, no wonder we got so much attention when we were younger. we were c-u-t-e! so so adorable. and two of us. double the cuteness. (is that a word....?)asks the english teacher