Thursday, November 29, 2007

me in a nutshell. (help! i'm in a nutshell!)

The home front...

Last night Haven and I picked up our new baby kitten. He is orange with pretty markings along his back. I didn't think I'd be happy to have a cat - I have enough people to clean up after, I don't need an animal - but since I am afraid of mice in the house, we got one. Turns out, he's a very sweet little guy. So, I love him. Took about 3 seconds.

The kitten came from a woman who I found on craigslist. She lives in an area with no highways. My friend Tara came with me when we went to meet the kitty and give a deposit (whatever happened to free to a good home?), but this time, I was on my own. We got there just fine; I had a death grip on my google directions. However, my brain cannot read directions backwards and I forgot to print out reverse directions. There are about 12 turns from the cat lady's house to the highway. Add a screaming, hungry baby in the backseat and a nervous kitten in my lap (forgot a bottle and a box). You do the math.

What's with my forgetting so much, by the way?

In school news ...

I've got the senioritis and I've got it bad. June is so close but so far away. I make weekly calculations on how many hours I still need to accumulate at my internship. I wait until after the last minute to write papers (um, can I email you that paper tomorrow?). I just want to be done!

In work news...
While I'm still not a huge fan of my job, I find that working 2 days a week suits me very well. Work is actually a break. There is so much to do at home and I always feel like I am behind. At work, I can easily keep up with my responsibilities. Haven seems to enjoy this schedule too. He lu-huvs one of his daycare teachers and follows her around the room with his eyes. He's very social so he enjoys all of the other babies too. I think he likes being home with me as well - some of his favorite things are when I make him into the bed (tuck all of the blankets around him) and sharing macaroni and cheese.

I guess that's about it for now. I will post pictures from Thanksgiving soon - Haven had a blast with his grandparents and aunts!

4 comments:

Foxy5 said...

Um, so where are the pictures of the cute little kitten? :)

What does Haven think of it? Does he like to pet it?
I wish I would have known you wanted a kitten! My neighbor feeds ALL of the strays. This summer alone over a dozen kittens were born. Just last month another litter came along. There were 20+ cats here this summer. It's harder to count now since it's colder out but "we" still have a lot. I would have GLADLY sent you home with a handful. :)

Christin said...

yeah...I'm with you. It takes me all of a few seconds to forget WHY I didn't want a kitten in the first place. Unfortunately, FOR ME, it's because they become a CAT. So...then I remember...when it grows up. Once I'm already in love with the little bugger.

love getting caught up on your life. AND of course SEEING YOU guys! Jet said, after we left our little reunion with you and Val, "I wish Jen and Dave lived closer; they're so sweet."

so there you have it. My hub loves you guys too.

Karenkool said...

I really enjoyed your kitten story and the fact that you left us all hanging... like maybe you dumped the kitty out somewhere, while you pulled over to figure out where you were going.

Looking forward to that grand celebration once your masters is complete. You can do it!! If you need any topics for papers... I could probably fill a filing cabinet of psycho problems for ya. All my own! ;-)

merry said...

Yeah, what about the kitten? WHat is it's name? Where are the pics?