Monday, November 05, 2007

Working hard!

Since we closed on Tuesday, we've been working hard on our new house. So far our big projects are painting and cleaning and Dave hopes to refinish the wood floors sometime this week. Here are some pictures ....





Dave painted this cool stripe pattern in Haven's room.





Haven's been a pretty good sport while Dave and I are at work. I don't think he looks too miserable in this picture.










Our first meal in the new house ...take out bbq ribs and fries. Dave is kind of involved in the food and I barely made it back in time for the timer.






That's it for now! More photos to come.

9 comments:

patti said...

Congratulations!!! We are thrilled for you guys. Have fun making it "YOUR HOME". Nice paint job Dave!

Foxy5 said...

Oh, I love the paint in Haven's room! Have fun projecting, and save the 10% and apply for a Lowe's card, you'll be there a lot. :)

And I love how you snuck your 5 chips ahoy comment on the sidebar. :)

Jen said...

Yeah, I saw that chips ahoy comment too. Don't worry, I failed on the 5th day. Start over after Christmas?! My husband has been hinting to me about going to NYC. If we make it there in the near future, I would love to meet you. CONGRATS on the house! How fun. Can't wait to see more pics!!!

Sylvia said...

Oooh! I love it! Haven's room looks great. I like the picture of him in his jumper, it looks like he is suspended in mid air. What did you do, hook him to the light fixture?!:)

Karenkool said...

Yea, I'm wondering about the jumper too. Said in a sultry voice, "By the way, I love what you've done with the place."

So excited for you.

(Nickernoodle--look me up too, girlie).

Jen said...

Oh the jumper ... there is a log beam across the living room there that the jumper is hanging on. I hope it's safe. I hope there isn't a recall because of me!

Jen said...

I most def. will look you up too Kool. I am hoping he surprises me for my 30th and wisks me away to NYC but I doubt that will happen. I am going to get there soon and we can have the bottled wine together and laugh at each other as we run into doors at the same time! :)

jes said...

your place is so cute from the pictures! im going to love it i just know it! ill see you in just a few days. sendingl love

Anonymous said...

no more bees huh.
the place looks good!