Monday, July 09, 2007

Eight

Karen has "tagged" me. The rules: list eight random facts/habits about yourself. People who are tagged write on their own blog about their eight things and post these rules. At the end of your blog post, list eight people to tag.

Let's just see if I can do this AND keep your interest.

1. I have always wanted to live near mountains and I think that is from watching and reading Heidi as a kid.

2. I never graduated from high school. I took the GED at the age of 16.

3. My engagement ring is a sapphire, which I preferred to a diamond. I wanted this stone because it's unique, beautiful and it's Dave's birthstone.

4. I cannot believe I'm going to admit this. I was in 2 beauty pageants as a teenager. I was 14 when I was in the first one and I wore a pink taffeta gown and won some kind of Christian charm award. I was 19 - old enough to know better - in the second one and participated in a bathing suit competition and danced for my talent. I wore a leopard print bathing suit in that pageant. (I probably listed 8 things right there!)

5. I've been a bridesmaid 5.5 times and I've never worn a dress that I absolutely hated (thanks Shantra, Kristin, Lindsay, Lori, Dana and Janet [the half - I was really just a witness, but I count it as a bridesmaid]).

6. I used to repel off of a huge train bridge with my friends, using equipment that was rejected by a camp for safety issues. So, yes, if my friends jumped off of a bridge, I would too.

7. I was student government president in my Sophomore year of college.

8. Eight is my favorite number. It always has been.

I now tag Christin, Merry, Janet, Lindsay, Nickernoodle and Dave if he hasn't done it already (I don't have 8 blogging friends, so these 6 will have to do).

5 comments:

Rebecca said...

hee hee - I have a 'dancing in my bathing suit' story in my random facts! (for some reason I thought it was seven. der.)

Karenkool said...

Ok--some things I knew, but OTHER THINGS.... hahahaha! I love that you were in some beauty contests--but you were really tight lipped about the one you did at 19!!!! I didn't even know you danced. We should all get together and dance in out suits around the pool. Rebbeca, you in too?

Jen said...

CLARIFICATION: I wore a leapord print bathing suit in the bathing suit competition, not while I danced. In front of all of those people that would have been way too embarassing.

happy idiot said...

You know, a really nice way to keep treasured memories (like dancing in beauty pageants and wearing pink taffeta gowns and leopard print bathing suits) alive is to post them on YouTube. Just a thought.

hee.

Christin said...

You crack me up!