Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Son of a Preacher Man

In honor of Tammy Faye's passing, I will recommend the autobiography of her son. I read this book a few years ago, and it remains on my list of favorites. It speaks to we who grew up in the church setting where Christianese was ever-present. All the time, of course, we just needed to meet God for ourselves. We all simply need a relationship with Him of our own. We need to know His call on our life. I love this book because it is honest. It eminates vulnerability and strength and is filled with the joy in following Jesus anywhere.

Read it.

2 comments:

Jen said...

I did not know such a book existed. Being married to a PK, it would be interesting to read. Thanks for the suggestion. Did you guys ever find a house? Weren't you looking for one not too long ago or do I have the wrong blog?

merry said...

I was so sad to hear of T.F.'s passing. I was always a fan of hers even if she was a little odd. She seemed like such a sweet person. I will read this book because I am interested to hear what her son has to say.