Monday, July 16, 2007

Three Great Things.

This was a fun weekend.

First of all, on Saturday our friends Danna and Manuel came over for a barbeque and, along with some awesome strawberry shortcakes and red wine, they brough along one of my new favorite things. Dibs. I love finger food, I prefer it to fancier edibles, so I am just the type of person for whom Dibs was created. Dibs is a creation by Edy's and you buy it in what looks like an ice cream container. BUT, pop the top and inside are little pieces of chocolate covered ice cream bits. That's right. Bite size ice cream. Lucky for me, Danna forgot to take them with her, so I've been chowing down all weekend. Dib by dib.

On Friday Dave noticed that the new Rita's Water Ice was open. Let me back up. Rita's Water Ice is a great little place that sells the taste of Summer. If you don't know what water ice is ... telling you that it is like Italian ice does not do it justice, but that is its distant cousin. Dave and I have anxiously awaited the arival of Rita's in our neighborhood ... within walking distance. So, Sunday morning we strolled down to Main Street and got us some Rita's (which was free, by the way, since they just opened).

You might wonder what were doing pigging out on water ice on a Sunday morning. (Or, if you're familiar with Rita's, you realize this is a great way to appreciate God's Creation and a reasonable substitute for church.) Actually, our church was rescheduled to meet at 4:00pm this Sunday. I talked nonstop all weekend about how happy I was that church was at 4, that 4pm is the best time for church to meet and what could I do to continue this schedule forever. The day felt like it lasted forever. We got to sleep in (sort of, AHEM, Haven). We got to visit Rita's. We got to go to church. We had dinner with everyone after church and still had hours of fun left at home. What a blast.

I highly recommend everyone add the following to their lives:

Dibs.
Rita's.
Church at 4 pm.

3 comments:

Karenkool said...

I've vnver experienced Dibs or Rita's!! I feel like I am missing out, although I know about church at 4 pm and at 2, and 10 and 7 and 6 and 1. Now I mostly just sleep in.

Thanks for the recommendations. ;-D

Karenkool said...

never*

Anonymous said...

OMG I miss ritas!!!! Cookies and cream is my fave!! Have one for me :D