Tuesday, October 23, 2007

about school.

I love school. Shamelessly. I've mentioned this before, but I don't want you to forget.

I especially love professors who love school.

The class I am in this semester is a companion to my internship at the counseling center. We share cases, review our treatment ideas and ask questions. My professor is a wealth of knowledge, and I know she's not getting wealthy teaching our class. Still, she's invested, she plans in advance and she listens to us like our concerns matter - these are things that probably make her an excellent therapist as well.

I appreciate her expertise because I have had more than my share of careless professors. I actually once had a professor who would stand by the window until he saw his boss leave for the night, and then imediately let us out of class. I know, a lot of kids would love this. It infuriated me. What a waste of my time.

A good class to me is like a pool in which I can swim as deep as I wish. I love how much knowledge is available. I love it. I love to ask a question and get a real answer. I love when people know stuff that I don't know. So please, tell me stuff.

6 comments:

happy idiot said...

Donald Duck’s middle name is Fauntleroy.

Karenkool said...

To keep potatoes from budding, place an apple in the bag with the potatoes.

Christin said...

bPut an egg in ONE of your hands. Try and crush it (with that same hand)...you can't do it.

Yes, I'm serious. No, it won't break all over you.

Jessica said...

Cats are immune to the poison from a brown recluse bite.

patti said...

The state song of Kansas is "Home on the Range". The state flower is the Sunflower. It is known as the "bread basket" or "wheat" state and the "heart" of America. The state bird is the "Meadowlark". The middle point of America, vertically and horizontally, literally intersects in Kansas. The TV shows Smallville and Jercho are based in Kansas. Dorothy, Superman, and yoda (maybe) are originally from Kansas. And contrary to popular belief, you cannot just "click your heels" together and go back! But you can say, "there is no place like home!"

Jolanthe said...

If you hard boil an egg...and then you tap both the top and the bottom and put a hole (about the size of a dime) on both top and bottom and blow through the top hole, you can blow the egg right out of the shell.

It's true. Although my hubby got a good chuckle the first time I did it and only put a pin-sized hole in it and about blew my eyeballs out of my head. :)