Friday, October 05, 2007

Things I'm Happy About

  • "I think we have a house." Dave said to me the other day. Yes, I think we do.

  • Haven is feeling better...after one more trip to the doctor's office yesterday to learn the latest rash is a reaction to the ear infection medication, he had a good night's sleep and, right now, is his happy self again.

  • Our friends Janet and Andy have officially started the process of adopting a child from Ethiopia! A new baby is coming!

  • Decorating Haven's room will be so fun. He finally will have his own room without a computer and office stuff in it. I think I'm going to do a forrest theme. Won't that be perfect in a log cabin? The photo is his room. What color carpet should I pick?

  • I finally have time to do laundry and cook dinner and vacume! I love being home 3 days a week!

  • The shows Dave and I love are back on for the Fall and these have started off great: Prison Break, Grey's Anatomy, The Office, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia.
  • I'm learning. So many things ... about myself, grace, thought processes, people. I think I'll write about it soon, but it might be the kind of stuff that's phenominal to me simply because of all of the pieces of my life at this point. Might not be ground breaking to anyone else.

  • I've got tons of good reading around me. I'm almost done Velvet Elvis by Rob Bell and have two more books I'm excited about waiting on the book shelf.

  • My birthday is on Monday and I will be 27. Ten wonderful years ago my 17th birthday was so fun. It was at Lindsay's house and Collin, Pat, Jes, Shantra, Josh and I had an ice cream cake fight in the back yard. (remember Linds? Jes?) I think age 27 will be full of just as many fun, fun memories.

5 comments:

Christin said...

Isn't Life GOOD?! :)

FYI...I'm leaning more towards a YES than anything but man oh man if the whole thought isn't intimidating. Actually having to WATCH what I eat. Woah. Novel concept. Scary as well.

Janet said...

Okay a few things...
1. Let me know how your no sugar, no fried food exercise goes. I'm not going there with you. That might be what gets me through the next month or two :o)
2. Maybe a medium colored berber in H's room. Berber hides dirt and stains really well, and it looks really nice. http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/d/d0/Swatches_of_berber_carpet.jpg/800px-Swatches_of_berber_carpet.jpg&imgrefurl=http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Image:Swatches_of_berber_carpet.jpg&h=538&w=800&sz=153&hl=en&start=9&um=1&tbnid=7UpQIWdnZTO8PM:&tbnh=96&tbnw=143&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dberber%2Bcarpet%26svnum%3D10%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:official%26sa%3DN
3. Did you consider H's feelings when you posted his 8 month picture for all the world to see?

p.s. I can't wait to see your house in real life!

Foxy5 said...

My vote is no carpet, hardwood floors (or laminate look-a-like) with a cute area rug to match the rest of the room deco. Having a hubbie with allergies made me dislike carpets.

Jen said...

Okay, I started today the no sugar, fried food thing. This is going to be a long journey but I am TOTALLY doing it!!!! I love that you have a log cabin. I have always wanted one. I could come paint a sky on the ceiling for you if you want!!! CONGRATS on the house.

p.s. Haven is SO CUTE!!!

patti said...

Happy happy birthday Jen! When was the last time it was so incredibly warm outside for your birthday? Hope you had a great one!