Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Chatty


Let's talk about people skills. Let's talk about reading body language. Have you ever been in a conversation where one person takes the reigns and trots off in oblivion? You are left in their dust with a mouthful of "uh huh" as you try to send the this-conversation-is-over message by inching away. Perhaps they continue talking, perhaps they inch closer to you.


I find myself in this situation quite often. Why? What is it about me that says, "I'll listen to you for twenty minutes while you talk about why you chose that brand of toilet paper." Help me, somebody!

1 comment:

Karenkool said...

I hear ya sistah! I hate it when that happens... especially on the phone. How about trying the quick slight of a squat and the "oh NO! I gotta go to the bathroom!" and running away quickly? It would be fun!