Monday, May 14, 2007

My Sister's Keeper


Last night finally, after two weeks of compulsively reaching for this book at every free moment, I exhaled as I read the final sentence. It was easy to identify with the confused sister, the desperate mother and the rebel brother - but beyond my own identification, this book grabbed me because of both the current and timeless issues it addressed. Hot topics designer babies and genetic programming premise this book, but the real story is about letting go while we treasure what we have today. When you track it down at your local library you may be intimidated by the bulk of it, but scan the first page and I assure you, you'll find yourself at the check out counter handing over your library card. I'm going to find another title with Jodi Picoult's name emblazoned on the cover as soon as I can get to the library.

2 comments:

Karenkool said...

I'm glad you reminded me. I'm heading for the library right now... or maybe later, but soon!

merry said...

Never read this one but I did read Vanishing Acts and just finished The Memory Keeper's Daughter.Both were good but I think I liked vanishing acts better.