Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Milestone!

Haven slept through the night!

He fell asleep at 7:00 pm last night and did not wake up until 5:30 AM this morning! It may only be other parents who have spent uncountable sleepless nights desperate for sleep who can truly appreciate this with us. But, I'm sure all sleep-lovers can understand.

The last few weeks have been difficult because Haven was waking up three or four times each night coughing and sneezing. He must be (finally!) feeling better. Ten and a half hours of consecutive sleep, however, is a marathon we have never experienced with him. When he woke up this morning he was all smiles and talking, refreshed after his first full night of sleep ever.

Let this be just the beginning! Dave and I couldn't truly enjoy our long, uninterupted night because we kept waking up to see if Haven was alright. We can get used to it though, I'm sure.

3 comments:

Jen said...

Thank God for a full nights sleep!! I remember when my kids were little I would always check on them through the night. Especially that first night home! Let this be the beginning of countless nights of full sleep!

Karenkool said...

Just wait until he's a teenager--JK! I don't wish that upon you!!! Truly, I don't! OH GOD NO!

Congrats on a full night for Haven and many moer to come. May he love sleep at his early age.

Anonymous said...

sleep = good :)