Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Takin' it Easy

Wednesdays I'm off from work (woohoo!) and Haven is off from daycare. We just meet with my internship supervisor in the morning for an hour, and then we are free to go for walks, hang out by our pool or otherwise enjoy our lives. As crazy as the rest of week is, I'm so thankful for this weekly oasis in the middle of it all.


Haven is napping now, after a long, hot walk to the library. He, of course, took a pampered ride in his travel system with toys dangling in front of him the whole time. It's I who sweat out my shirt. I took out a stack of children's books that he will not be able to understand, but I know he'll enjoy being cuddled and looking at the pictures. I also found a couple of books that might make it onto this blog eventually.


Dinner will be turkey enchilladas (sh, don't tell Dave it's turkey - hopefully he'll think it's beef) and maybe some leftover sangria from Memorial day. What a great day.

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

relaxed days at home like this are the best, aren't they?

merry said...

Sounds delightful. I wish I had a pool. Oh wait, I live in Philly now...do I open a hydrant or something?

Karenkool said...

I LOVE THAT PHOTO--hahaha! Haven enjoying a day with mama in the sun and around the pool.

Miss you!

Jen said...

I would love to have a day off in the middle of the week! I am hoping by the time both my kids are in school that I can work part time. Then I can take them to school and pick them up. Glad you had a relaxing day!