Monday, May 21, 2007

Goodness.

Yesterday was Haven's dedication, the day that Dave and I, in front of our church, committed to raise him in a Christian home. I am a parent. This is finally hitting me. I will have a huge part to play in how this little four-month-old thinks about God, other people, the world, himself... This is profound, but beautiful.

We ate at the Famished Frog after church and I called menu recommendations across the table to anyone who would listen. Haven slept, took a bottle, got passed around. People laughed. Some days I'm overwhelmed by the goodness that is an everyday part of our life. How did we get here? How did we gain so many solid friendships? How did we acquire such intense reason to live? Life is such a responsibility, sometimes, but yesterday, it was simply a gift.

I prayed for this child, and the Lord has granted me what I asked of him. So now I give him to the Lord. For his whole life he will be given over to the Lord. 1 Samuel 1:27-28

3 comments:

Karenkool said...

Yayyy! I wanna give Haven a sqeeze!! When's my turn? and whad'ya recommend at the Famished Frog? I can hardly imagine what they serve there.

Jen said...

I was wondering the same thing Karen! Congrats on the baby dedication! That's just one of many great moments through their lives that you get to experience. Plus there will be some bad ones too of course!!! I love that name by the way!

Jen said...

Some specialties are Maine Bisque, Chicken & Nacho Salad and sweet potato fries. Mmm. I'm going back right now!