Tuesday, September 18, 2007

househunt update.

We are in the throws of buying our first home. Last night was the inspection, which I was dreading with bated breath. I took about a thousand pictures of every nook of the house. When it was over, I thought it went well. Dave informed me it did not. I obviously was giving more thought to complimentary paint and carpet choices for Haven's room than to the weak well pump and flu-less chimney. Good thing Dave was there.

The next few days will be full of research and negotiating. I look forward to it ending. I just want to know. I just want to start packing boxing and picking paint colors. And installing a dishwasher. Or, please no, start looking again.

I like this house a lot. It is an old log cabin. It has so much character. It has a large deck. It has a stone fireplace. It has a loft bedroom with a walk-in closet for Dave and me. It is so homey. I hope we get it. I'm way past not getting excited.

(Photos to come.)

3 comments:

Christin said...

WOAH!! huge step!! I would ask if you have any pictures. But you said you have tons. So care to share? I want to get excited with you. :)

tara said...

hey. was wondering what was going on with the house. im assuming this is the same one we drove by? anyway, im interested to see pictures and see how much i remember about it from when i looked at it back a year ago. also interested in what they said about the foundation and stuff. keep me posted, k?

Anonymous said...

jen this i sso exciting!!! i may have missed it, but where is this at?? :D