Friday, September 21, 2007

Happy Birthday, Dave!

Dave is 29 years old, as of Wednesday. He was about 19 when we met for the very first time.

My sister, Jessica, had moved to northern Jersey to attend a school similar to YWAM's Discipleship Training School, hosted by a church in the area. For her birthday, Lindsay and I drove the three hours to surprise her. We borrowed Merry's - Lindsay's sister - car, the little Festiva. She made us clean it in order to borrow it, as any smart older sister would. (Actually, at the last minute, Lindsay's mom let us borrow her car, so Merry got a clean car for nothing. Lucky.) So, Linds and I hit the highway. Jes was so excited to see us she started writhing on the floor. But, more about that another time. This story is about Dave for Dave's birthday.

I remember the first time I saw him. I watched him. I thought he was cute. Intriguing. Friendly. He was in school with Jes. He video taped Jes, Linds and I in a birthday cake eating contest and you can hear him laughing behind the camera. Yes, his first impression of me was based on my on how fast I could shove cake into my mouth. This boded well for our future.

Ten years have passed since then. It was another three years before it hit us that we were perfect for each other and four more before Dave asked me to marry him and two more before we brought a mini-us into the world. It has certainly been a full ten years. For a list of things I love, love love about my husband click here http://iwillwalkwithyou.blogspot.com/2007/06/how-do-i-love.html.

Happy Birthday, Love!
May this last year in your twenties (!) be full of joy.

5 comments:

merry said...

HAHA. The festiva was TRASHED and I made you clean it. That was the best, ever. I don't feel too bad though cause I used to drive everyone around for free. Happy birthday to Dave. I am glad that he didn't turn out to be gay (like I originally thought) and married you.

Janet said...

I was going to leave a remark regarding Dave being 29, but after reading Mer's remark all I can do is laugh. Tell Dave Happy Birthday, and we love him!

Dave said...

all a bunch of lies... I just turned 25! I dont even know what to say... i think im going to cry.

Christin said...

This is awesome!! Though I noticed you took yourself out of the picture that you posted of Dave. Isn't that the pic where you are at the end of the table...watching him?! hee hee

I love stories about how people meet! God is soooo original with every couple!

Jen said...

HEE HEE!!! That's funny that your first impression on him was stuffing your face!! Don't feel bad Dave, I turned 29 last December so you know what that means!!! Have a Happy Birthday and you have a wonderful family. You are truly a blessed man!!!