Monday, June 11, 2007

how do i love...

I love Dave (my husband) because we have an inexplicable connection and always have. But there are all kinds of things I love and appreciate about him...
  • I love that spending time with Haven and me is his priority.

  • I love that when our pastor asked him if he's been babysitting a lot he said, "It's not babysitting when it's your own kid."

  • I love that I easily believe him when he says things will be ok.

  • I love the way he unassumingly slipped his hand into mine that summer day six years ago and that so many times since I feel the same way I did then. Blessed ... and excited.

  • I love it that he listens to me.

  • I love the way he makes macaroni and cheese (but don't him I said that 'cause I always tell him how unhealthy it is with all of that extra fake cheese).

  • I appreciate that he did not automatically expect me to quit my job or school when we had a baby.

  • I love it that we are a team, we compromise, we both have a say.

  • I appreciate that he is willing to clean the bathroom.

  • I really appreciate that we agree on money issues.

  • I love that he gets along with my family and that my sisters treat him like a brother.

  • I love that he can cook (often better than I).

  • Finally, every time I remember this I'm thankful ... the day before our wedding when everything was as crazy as it is the day before a wedding he saw me sitting there, beet red with frustration among a desert of diagrams and he said, "Go do something else, I'll do the seating chart."
Here's to anybody who isn't married yet ... may you end up with somebody who makes you think, "I never imagined I'd end up with somebody this great!"

5 comments:

Christin said...

OH MY GOSH! I was JUST getting ready to do one of these things on my blog about my husband. hee hee What is that they say about great minds...?

Christin said...

And just so you know, I'm not going to read yours until I write mine. otherwise, my head will be stuck on the great attributes of YOUR beloved. *grin*

Davene said...

This is so funny! I just read Christin's list, then came here and was shocked to see yours! I thought for a minute that maybe I had missed a holiday...but no, it's too hot to be Valentine's Day. Anyway, both your list and Christin's were fantastic, and it's always encouraging to see happy, healthy marriages...with happy, grateful wives. Thanks!

Elizabeth said...

i found your blog through karen's blog. i think your list is fantastic!!!

i feel the same way about my own hubby---especially that he can cook better than I can!

ha!

:)

Karenkool said...

I love it Jen! You guys are the best--so great together.