Monday, June 25, 2007

Delish

Today is busy, so I have little time for an update. I will grace you with a delicious idea for lunch. I admit that I got this idea from a dish the Macaroni Grill serves, but I have mixed it up a little ...

Toss:
Fresh spinach
Orzo pasta (cooked)
Tomatos
Olives - black, green or both
Nuts - sweetened walnuts are great, but any kind will work
Cooked chicken pieces (or not, if you're a veg)
Greek salad dressing
(Maybe a little black pepper and parm cheese on top)

This is best after it's been in the 'fridge for a while. I love it because it's healthy, tastey and colorful.

5 comments:

Christin said...

ohh!! Your blog is so diverse!! I can come here to read all about married life, parent life, intern life, AND NOW the culinary life. Geez...is there anything you don't do? (besides pee standing up) *grin*

seriously, you tease me about the whole wanting to move where I live. Cause for real...it'd be fun.

happy idiot said...

That does sound really good. I must admit to laughing, however, when I saw that you noted "cooked" for the orzo. I imagined someone tossing a handful of crunchy pasta into the salad. Now that's al dente!

Hee. Still laughing!

Jen said...

Omygosh. I have a comment from i am turtle. I've finally made it.

happy idiot said...

If there's good food, I'm there!

Karenkool said...

especially if it involves spinach!