Thursday, June 07, 2007

Pass the help wanted section.

10 things that would be more fulfilling
than being at work today . . .


1. Writing this list
2. Starting a diet of nothing but meat (gross, but ... yes, more fulfilling)
3. Cleaning behind our toilet
4. Eating those pork ribs that didn't taste good when I first made them last week
5. Giving a presentation at school that I am ill-prepared for
6. Hand-washing all of our laundry
7. Hand-washing all of YOUR laundry
8. Getting braces put on my bottom teeth (for the third time)
9. Using cloth diapers (on Haven - not on myself, it's not quite that bad)
10. Getting a Brazilian wax

Do I smell burn out?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

"He who endures to the end shall be saved"
Endurance is one of the most important attributes you can cultivate in this life. Without it, you have no hope of salvation, and even the Bible itself says so.
In His wisdom, the Lord uses day to day life as a great teacher of endurance. Almost nobody loves their life every day they live, and that is exactly what is supposed to happen. Day by day you build up your personal endurance. Things look grim? Good! Time to seek the Lord for strength and endurance. Things look good? Good! take a little break, because change is around the corner and you will have to deal with it.
Life is long, and the key to a joyful life is truly endurance.

Jen said...

Hi Dad. Yes, I know that's gotta be from you.

Rebecca said...

um.... I get the feeling you don't want to go to work today???

Karenkool said...

It sounds pretty bad. I just love all that spiritual wisdom given by anonymous. I hope that helped! ;-)
But seriously... cleaning behind the toilet?? ewww that's bad!

Karenkool said...

Anyway--your list was hilarious!

merry said...

hee hee. It sounds pretty bad, dude. You have so much on your plate and you always have. I have never understand how you have been able to juggle so much and still be motivated...and/or maintain sanity but you have always pulled through. This will pass. Everything eventually does...I know what burn out feels like...Hello...A DOOR OF HOPE for 4 years, was indeed, hell-o.
But your list is super funny.