Friday, June 22, 2007

Tiny, Dancers ... you had a busy day today

Haven and I went to visit a friend with a new baby on Wednesday. Her tiny infant frame took my breath away, though I held my own just four months ago. Haven looked like a fat monkey next to that little newborn and he smiled and babbled to show the Mommy what she had to look forward to. (That picture is of Haven in the hospital, under 7 pounds!)

Yesterday was our anual client picnic at work. It's always a festive and exhausting time. And, oh, the dancing. Picture a crowd of mostly middle-aged people who have little coordination, watch a lot of music videos and are convinced they totally rock. I think the first time I watched the clients dance they made their space inside my heart. (See a former entry for more on my job.)

Tomorrow my internship will be busy, and then Dave and I are house hunting. After we saw a couple of houses on Tuesday, I fell in love with log cabins. There are lots of them on lakes near where we live. To me, that sounds like the word home.

Today, however, is just work. Just my regular job. Tonight we will all be home together. We will talk and eat and watch a movie and watch Haven and then go to sleep. Today is good. I'm craving the simple moments lately.

4 comments:

merry said...

Yeah, I fell in love with log cabins after I saw linds and col's. Wood just feels SO cozy.

Davene said...

Oh, I'm with you! If I could have anything, I would have log!!! Hope you find something great! :)

Jen said...

How exciting!!! I have learned its the simple things in life that have the most meaning to me!!! Especially in the summer time. We try to cherish every moment because it won't last forever!! Good luck on the house hunting and post pictures when you find THE one!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh I remember the dancing! That was a fun time :)
-Rebecca